Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting through the Winter

Dear Diary:

Winter can seem very long and drawn-out.  When the snow first flies, it's pretty and I really enjoy it but by February my patience with the white stuff has gone.  By then, I'm through my thrill of shovelling and I've lost the excitement of watching the snow swirl around outside.  To pass the time, I try to do as many winter sports as I can.  My fav is down-hill skiing.
I found this great place to go skiing.  I took the lift up to the lodge and started out from there.  It's very picturesque with a slalom run to try.  However, I decided to try another run.
"Hmmm...I wonder if I can do this," I think [looking at the sign with trepidation]

Another activity that I love to do is snow shoeing.
When the weather is a little milder, I like to put on my snow shoes to forge through the forest area with deep snow.  This is REALLY getting back to nature!
When the trek is over, it's nice to sit by an open fire, getting all toasty and warm.

Outside activities really help to fill in those long winter days.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing in both pictures:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)

Skiing:
Hair/Hat: Mirai Fuka Black and silver winter hat
Ski suit: SF design snowsuit (blue)
Ski boots and poles: Lake Tahoe ski bundle

Location: Lake Tahoe Ski Resort

Snow shoeing:
Hat: Coco fur trapper hat (group gift)
Jacket: OGF flannel shirt (red)
Sweater: Orion sweater (gray)
Jeans: FD Entourage original (blue) (no longer available)
Boots: Orion Mr O's boots (flower/power glitter)
Mitts: TazzMania toasty mitts (no longer available)

Location: Durango Snow Woods