Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Paint it Black!!

Dear Diary:

I was thrilled when Luna announced that the colour for this week would be black.  I have tons in my closet.  "This will be so easy", I thought.  HA!  This was probably the most difficult since it was so hard to choose which outfit to feature.
Black is so elegant.  My Grandmother always said that if you wear black and pearls, you can go anywhere and look like you belong.

Black can herald many things.  There are black tie affairs, that signify a semi-formal / formal event.  It can indicate someone is in mourning.  Before the 1960's most sisters in a convent wore a black habit.  I even discovered that in some places a black bandana shows allegiance to a gang.

I roughly counted over 20 movies with black in the title (Black Swan; Creature from the Black Lagoon; Meet Joe Black for a few); over 30 book titles (Black Beauty; Black Dahlia; Death by Black Hole as example) and 70+ music titles ( Back in Black; The man in Black; Black Velvet to cite a bit).  Enough trivia for today!

Needless to say, I love black and was so happy to do this colour!
  
Good Night for now.


I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Bohemia eyelashes (raindrop)
Hair: Oh Hair Bob
Nails: SN Shiny nails (black)


Sweater: Latte Lacy knit (black)
Leggings: Emery Roxe Lace (black)
Boots: B! Fashion Bambolina ankle boots (black)


Earrings: Mandala Milky Way earrings (black) (Rocking Friday)


Poses: Olive Juice (Black Velvet; Look Book 2)