Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Get my credit card on the way to Emerald City!

Dear Diary:

OK I paraphrased a line from "The Wizard of Oz" but it just fit my feelings about emerald. I love all of the greens but emerald is one of my favourites and of course it fits into the jewelry category too.
Emeralds have always held an allure for me.  Yes, it's the colour, the carats and the cost but when you look deeply into that sparkly green stone, all sensibility leaves your brain.  Last year I was in Colombia and I just had to go to a jewelry store.  I tried on rings, bracelets and necklaces that were all beyond my reach but it was such fun doing it.

The emerald is a true gemstone.  When buying an emerald, as with diamonds, you should consider the four "C"'s - colour, clarity, cut and crystal (transparency).  The darker the colour, the more valuable the stone. Most emeralds have flaws and often develop cracks but that doesn't lessen the desire to own one.  Although Colombia mines produce most of the world's emeralds right now, I read that emeralds can also be found in other countries, including Canada!  Hmmmm....running out now with a pick and shovel!

Good Night for now

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Ava (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: ploom Twila

Top:  Barbed wire body by Eshi Otawara (emerald) (comes with earrings)
Skirt: The Secret Store Chiffon silk kerchief skirt (for TDRB)
Leggings: A piece of candy Sheilagh leggings (emerald)
Shoes: GF flat shoes "Little Diva" (moss)

Bracelet: Zaara Pratha silver cuff "malachite"
Glasses: Dark Mouse Cateye glasses Marilyn


Poses: Exposeur; Sway