Sunday, August 8, 2010

對中國的長城

Dear Diary:
I got this cute Chinese outfit at Lika Ruby's the other day and, to do it justice, I thought I should photograph it at a Chinese site.  I picked The Great Wall of China, which is a world heritage site.  It is magnificent!  You land in a small store but when you walk through the curved doorway, you're on the Wall.  








I was totally overwhelmed by the structure.  The setting is beautiful with pounding waves, greenery and the awesome building of the Wall itself.  And then it came to climbing!
The pathways take you in many different directions.  You can walk and walk and when you look below, you see the maze of the construction
 
I looked back over my climb and was struck by the beauty of what lay below, and of the detail that went into building this Wall. I can't say enough about the beauty that I experienced.

I climbed to the next portico and realized I was getting a little slow so it was good to turn around at that point. Going down was the easy part.
I was tired, but realized I wanted to experience more of the area.  I ended up by this Chinese skiff.  I sat beside it on the rock and let my imagination take me to that time in Chinese history.  The Great Wall covered 2,000 years of history, the majority of the build taking place in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).  It covers 5,500 miles. What a monumental accomplishment!

It was the best day!  I will certainly come back to this part of the world again...and soon.


Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Friday suntan (50L Friday)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Innocent
Hair: EMO-tions Big in Japan


Top and Pants: Lika Ruby China outfit Chunjie (yellow)
Shoes: [Gos] shoes espadrilles (yellow)


Poses (in picture order)::Dare:: 80's (TDR); Clover Basic Stand (no longer available); MNK shop K stand (free in lobby of store); Reel Expressions Luth confident stand


Location:  The Great Wall of China, World Heritage Site