Thursday, May 3, 2012

Knit 1, Purl 1

Dear Diary:

Years ago, on a family trip to British Columbia, my Mother taught me how to knit.  It was a simple stitch I used to make a doll blanket.  Over the years, I stopped knitting  as none of my friends were able to knit.  So, what a surprise when I read an article saying that knitting was "new" again.
Knitting is not just for grannies any more.  The knit chicks are taking over.  Yarn sales are up at the craft stores, while the Internet is helping with free patterns and chat rooms that give help and advice.

Expressing one's creativity is enticing people into trying knitting.  The younger generation are looking for a creative outlet, that produces tangible items.  Craft shows are displaying more hand knitted items, from mitts and scarves to afghans and clothing.

I've gone out to buy some wool and looked through the closet for my knitting needles.  Anyone need a doll blanket?

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Lipstick: Aleida lip A (013)
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Hair: Sadistic Hacker Corvus

Sweater: Fri Ballet Sweater (grape) (gift)
Skirt: DDJ plaid skirt
Shoes: Ms Graphic Design D010 QT (Sangria)

Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry large hoop earrings (gold) (gift)
Glasses: HOC rectangle framed glasses

Props and pose: What next Knitanista