Saturday, December 21, 2013

Tis the Season for Cutting the Christmas Tree

Dear Diary:

When I was a kid, my Dad and I would go out every year, about a week before Christmas, and cut down the best pine tree we could find.  We would drag it to the car and my Dad would put it on the roof and tie it down, sometimes not very securely, and make our way back home.  We would put it up that day and the smell of fresh evergreen would waft through the house.  Of course over the years, the short drive from our house got to be longer since the tree cutting area became a park and was off limits for cutting trees.  Then we had to go to a lot to buy a commercial tree but it was always fresh and sweet smelling.  We never did get an artificial tree.  Even now, as an adult, having my own home, I still buy a real tree to decorate and enjoy the childhood memories every time I put it up.


When the Christmas season is finished, I take my tree to a recycle location.  The tree is chipped and used again in another capacity.  I think that's taking responsibility for the environment and provides room for another tree next year.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Makeup: croire snow angel makeup (SL Marketplace)
Hair with hat: Mina Meike
Jacket: ba! Mesh leather jacket (blue)
Jeans: PixelDolls Basic jean (dust)
Mitts: Pixel Mode Suede Mitts (blue)
Boots with socks: Reek Boston Boots (navy) (no longer available)

Winter scene: Katink Tree Cutting (gift)