Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Best Dog Is Sold On The Street

Dear Diary:

I know most people like a good hot dog any time then can get it.  I'm picky about my dogs.  The bun has to be steamed; the wiener must have a crackly casing; and it all has to come out piping hot.  I particularly like a hot dog from a street vendor, a hockey arena or baseball stadium.  And never an all beef wiener.  



The hot dog's origins are a mystery.  Several German butchers are said to make claim as far back as the 1400's that they produced the first hot dog.  The dog was sold at the 1893 World's Fair in the United States but who invented it is not known.

By all accounts, mustard seems to be the most popular hot dog topping but ketchup is surely a close second.  Across Canada, each province seems to have their favourite way of decorating a hot dog.  From British Columbia who has a sushi-inspired hot dog to Quebec who top their wieners with non-creamy coleslaw.  Saskatchewan uses the ethnic addition of sauerkraut from the Polish community while New Brunswick often combine their hot dogs with the traditional lobster roll.  Ontario seems to lean towards the "common" toppings of mustard, relish, ketchup and chopped onion.  And that's the way I like my dog dressed!

Some of my health conscious friends tell me hot dogs aren't good for you but I don't really believe that.  Sometimes it's nice to indulge in my guilty pleasure.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Head: LeLutka Chloe
Skin and lipstick: Amara Beauty Sylvia
Eyes: Izzie's LeLutka Applier (storm)
Eye Shadow: Alaskametro Smoke Show (sand)
Lashes: Arte Mixed Styles
Hair: Wasabi Pills Ginny (at The Seasons Story til Oct 31)

Sweater: Decoy Nyla sweater (red) (at Collabor88 til Nov 6)
Leggings: Maitreya (suede brown)
Shoes: Essenz Hanover (brown)
Necklace: Lybra (gold)
Rings: Absolut Vendetta Juno rings

Hot Dog: INDO Hot dog with bun (SL Marketplace)

Background: Minimal New York subway
Cart: ANHELO M43RB-17AGA Food Trailer (rusty blue)