Thursday, November 3, 2016

TED Talks About DNA

Dear Diary:

I've been trying to check off Strawberry Singh's New Year's Resolution list gradually. Well, time IS running out before a new New Year's Resolution comes around so in the next few weeks I'll be trying to whittle the contents down.

One of the challenges was to watch TED talks on any topic of your choice.  What are TED talks?  It has been described as "a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short powerful talks (18 minutes or less).  TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers all topics - from science to business to global issues - in more than 100 languages." (ted.com)  So I checked out the list of subjects and chose the science group.

The first talk I picked was on DNA.


I find this aspect of genetics very interesting.  I've had my DNA tested by a reliable lab and had no surprises when they told me the results.  This talk was informative, as the speaker, Sebastian Kraves, claimed that in the future, most homes will support a DNA testing station.  Fascinating!

I also watched a second program, "You Have No Idea Where Camels Came From" that was also extremely interesting.  Who would have though to look for camels in the Arctic?

It was not only an entertaining evening but I learned a lot too.

Good Night for now.
I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Hair: Tiny Bird Sodom South Georgia (no longer available)
Pyjamas: digital girl design Sarah pj set (SL Marketplace)

Chair: Pop Art Kari chair (no longer available)

Rug: Cream Swirls
Television: Shared Media Preloaded TV (no longer available)