Saturday, May 21, 2016

It's A Long Weekend For Me

Dear Diary:

Monday is a holiday for me.  On May 23rd, Canada celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday, as Victoria Day.  Although the holiday is actually May 24th, it's celebrated on the closest Monday to give everyone a long weekend.

Traditionally it's also time to open up the camp/cottage for the summer season.  Many people jokingly call it the "May two-four weekend", in reference to the actual holiday on May 24, and to the case of 24 bottles of beer needed for fortitude, to open up the camp and plan for the up coming onslaught of black flies. 

On this weekend, we get together with friends and family for a BBQ, bonfire and fireworks. So I decided I should observe this weekend in my second life too.





I invited my two closest friends, Chloe and Sam, over to my home in the tropics, for a BBQ and some cool drinks.  Sometimes the weather doesn't co-operate but this year everything is progressing smoothly.  My friends seem to enjoy sitting in the shade while I sweat over at hot grill.  Seems normal!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Hair: Truth Hair Arden
Tee: Tetra Aztec loose t-shirt (navy) (Kustom 9 til Jun 10)
Jeans: Tetra high waisted ripped jeans (#5) (Kustom 9 til Jun 10)

BBQ: Construct BBQ grill with food and drinks
Sunshade, table and basket chairs: Just My Imagination Cleo Design

Location: My backyard