June is a very busy month for me so I was late seeing Strawberry Singh's Monday Meme. I'm also a little late with the post but here it is!
1. If Linden Lab shut the door on Second Life, what do you think you might do to replace it, or the time you spend on it. Gaming, school, work, reading, other virtual world, etc?
Hmmm....tough question. I really enjoy Second Life. I like the idea I can be a chameleon and be / look however I choose. I would probably look around for another world although I think it would be very difficult to find something that could or would replace my Second Life. I also think most of us already accomplish extras like school, work, reading and family in our "spare" time so those wouldn't be a replacement for me.
2. What would you consider your mission statement for your blog?
I think my mission statement would be to keep true to my thoughts and to myself. I write about what I enjoy. Often I tie in my RL to some extent. Sometimes I have definite opinions which I am not afraid to voice. I love doing this blog and I know I would have to continue with blogging in some other capacity. I guess, I hope, that what I write interests other people but I don't think that matters to me. The number of views of my blog is not really important, it's the fact I'm writing!
3. What would you change about your SLife right now if you could just press a magic button and have it automatically happen?
I don't think I would change very much. I'm comfortable with my SLife; my friends; my travel and my home. Perhaps, to be able to dress my mesh body and not have to worry that my bits are showing, would be magic for me.
4. What topic would you like to see explored in a non fashion blog post? Anything you are curious about and want someone else to do all the research?
In my other world, I do research so I always enjoy reading where people have delved into the "guts" of a topic. I would be interested in the technology of SL - how we can get the max out of it; what happens behind our screens and what computer add-ons or fix-ups would help.
5. Do you have a point of contact in SL? Someone that a person from your RL knows to contact in case something happens to you or you are unable to get online for an extended period of time?
Yes I do. A RL friend got me into SL in the first place so she knows the "real" me.
6. What provides you the most inspiration and motivation to keep learning and growing? What keeps you from being held back by the common negativity in SecondLife and elsewhere?
I'm self-motivated. I like to learn new things (when I have the time) so I will always keep going. I see negativity in SL but it doesn't intrude on my life. I don't hang out with negative people in either world and if someone like that happens to come my way, they're gone.
7. How do you deal with other bloggers (who don't know you personally) that are spiteful towards you?
I really don't have to deal with this since no one knows who I am. But if I did, I know it wouldn't bother me. I would ignore it. I always think that when someone is overly nasty to you, it stems from a little jealousy on their side.
8. What is your advice to those that admire you and what you do, hoping to be able to do some of the same things with as much confidence as you often seem to have?
This gave me a chuckle. I must admit, I have a lot of confidence in either world. I'm very secure in who I am but I would never try to tell anyone how to achieve that. That's something that just comes to you. I'm sure no one in this world or my other world "admires" me. It would surprise me a lot if they did.
9. Name 5 favorite events in Second Life.
1. FaMESHed - great place for new mesh ideas
2. The Arcade - fulfills my gambling habit
3. Hair Fair - hair whore - guilty
4. A Tattered Page - love the correlation of book and creator
5. Pose Fair - can't get enough poses
10. Name 3 of your favorite blogs.
Sorry...just can't pare it down to 3. I read a lot every day; some several times a week; and others periodically. They are all well done and it amazes me how many creative people there are who have great photography skills, tremendous fashion sense and the ability to put it all together with a meaningful background. I gain a lot of information from them. I would hate to name only 3.
Nice to be doing a meme again.
Good Night for now.
Body: Maitreya Lara
Skin: Izzie's Romy
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Eye shadow: mock Miss Vanity (original purple)
Lashes: MC Falsies
Lipstick: Oceane Metallix Glammy lips 2
Hair: Dura Boys & Girls 53
Dress: Baiastice Ilary Print (tan)
Ear cuff: Swallow Cross
Earring: Maxi Gossamer Roho (gold)
Ring: Maxi Gossamer Dream Angel Skull
Pose: aDORKable (on SL Marketplace)