Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Friends are in the Meme

Dear Diary:

Last night, I convinced my friend, Sam, to answer the Monday Meme with me.  He brought the popcorn so it was fun to answer together.


1. What is the number of contacts on your Second Life Friends List?
Dreamer:  I have 72 friends on my list.
Sam: She's the social one.  I only have 31 on my list.  Besides, she's older! And she gets around a lot and I mean A LOT!!.

2. Are you picky about who you add to your list or do you usually add most people?
Dreamer: I do have a pretty hard time saying no if someone asks for my friendship.  Sometimes, and I hate to say this, I'll accept it, then take them off after a day or two, if I feel the friendship offer was not sincere.
Sam: If I have been in someone's company a few times and they want to friend me I do it but if it's a random request, I have no problem saying no.

3. Who is your oldest contact? (check your calling cards)
Dreamer: popebunny Schuman
Sam: Jenny Snakeankle

4. Who is your newest contact? (check your calling cards)
Dreamer: Sultan Crystal
Sam: Rockingus Maximus

5.  Do you know every single person on your list?
Dreamer: Yes
Sam: Yes

6. How many do you speak to on a daily (weekly) basis?
Dreamer: On an average, I speak to about 4 daily and around 10 weekly.
Sam: I'm very busy in my RL work so I'm not on every day.  Weekly I talk to maybe 3 all the time.  Sometimes it may go to 5.  Guess I'm anti-social.

7. How many do you see/get together with in-world on a daily (weekly) basis?
Dreamer: I usually get together with 1 or 2 friends on a daily basis but on the weekend it's usually 5 of us that hang out.
Sam: It's weekly for me.  I see the same 3 people every weekend.

8. Who on your list do you have the closest relationship with?
Dreamer: That's hard to answer.  I have quite a few friends that I consider close so I'm not going to mention anybody.
Sam: Besides this sexy one here, probably Bookslinger Ballinger.

9. Who do you wish you knew better?
Dreamer: There are lots of people on my list who are very talented - artists, musicians, actors - and although I know them and I consider them friends, I would like to know them better than I do.
Sam:  Ditto for me.  I belong to several technical groups.  Most of those people are better than I am at things and I would like to know how they got to this point.

10. Who on your list is the funniest/most entertaining?
Dreamer: Marble Baar.  I met him through an acting gig and love his sense of humour.
Sam: Raven Underwood.  She can bust me up quicker than a light switch.

11. How did you meet most of the people on your list? (work, parties, etc…)
Dreamer: I met most of my friends through parties, dances or clubs I used to go to.  A few people became close friends through a work group.
Sam: I met most of my friends through this woman I'm sitting with and her friend Chloe.

12. Do you ever clean out your list?
Dreamer: I have cleaned up my list a few times but I find it difficult to do.  There are several friends who are no longer in SL but I find it hard to take them off.  I probably never will.  They were all part of my journey in this world.  They all influenced me or helped me in various ways.
Sam: I purge all the time.  I delete some who have turned out to be jerks and others that no longer have the same interests as I do.

13. Do you have a crush on someone in your list?
Dreamer: Do I have to say Sam??  Just kidding.  Sam is a great guy and we're good friends but I would hate to ruin that friendship.  Nope...not interested in anyone from this world.
Sam: Damn!  Was hoping I was the one!  I'm not interested in any romantic entanglements in SL.  I'm here for the fun.

14. Is there anyone on your list that you would trust with your password?
Dreamer: Certainly not Sam!  If he had my password, I would log in to find out I was a free wheeling, motorcycle mama who works nights at a strip club, pole dancing for change and who roams the streets in the days, looking for love wherever she could find it.  But I do have a couple of other friends I would trust.
Sam: Kisses Sweets!  You read my mind.  No need to give someone my password but if I had to, I would consider...um...you.

Good Night for now.

Sam is wearing:
Hands: SLink AvEnhanced Male hands (relax)
Hair: Redgrave Chris
Jacket and shirt: etham Chris blaxer (Men's Dept)
Jeans: hoorenbeek Mesh skinny jeans (Indie blue)
Sneakers: TMD Gabriel Sneakers (gray) (Men's Dept)
Glasses: Role Optic arcadi
Pose: Share popcorn (he doesn't know where he got it)

I'm wearing:
Hands: SLink AvEnhanced hands (casual)
Nail polish: MONS Spring collection (galaxy)
Hair: Vanity Hair Fugee
Headband: Le Primitif head scarf
Dress: Meli Imako draped cowl dress (tinted) (SL Marketplace)
Shoes: Gos Boutique Lauren d'Orsay
Earrings: je suis voyante plain ear clips
Anklet: Cae Charmed anklet (Karma silver)

Furniture:
Couch: The Infinite Living Room Comfy Loveseat (no longer available)
Fireplace: Simply fireplace (round) (no longer available)
Carpet: NV Tiger undulating (no longer available)