Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Geek? Nerd? Or Dork?

Dear Diary:

Another thought provoking, very subjective Q&A for Berry's Monday Meme

 

1. What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above?  I always considered myself to be part Geek and part Dork and to this day think of myself as such.  As a kid, I had straight hair that my Mom had cut in a very dorky way; had "railway tracks" (braces) until I was 16; and wore truly ugly glasses (I'm cockeyed!)  I was more comfortable in a science lab than at a party. [ok, I've changed!] I've never lost my desire to learn as much as I can and sometimes those courses have nothing to do with my job.  I've got quirky tastes in my hobbies [am taking a class in Latin right now] but that's what keeps me interested.  Fortunately I have great friends who put up with me. [They shake their heads often!]

2. What was the first computer you ever owned?  Think it was a Commodore 64.  I didn't own it as such, but it was for the whole family to use.  It was really old and often didn't work very well.  Finally my Dad bought a newer one but I only used it to play a space game.

3. When and how did you first get on the internet?  Not sure exactly when it was but all my friends were talking about it so I needed to find out about it too.  I think it was probably for email.

4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to?  Since I'm a Second Lifer, I guess that is part of my geekedness.  I do watch Dr Who whenever I get a chance.  Never got into Harry Potter.
 
5. Star Trek or Star Wars?  I probably lean to either but deep down I'm more of a Trekkie.

6. How Geeky Are You?   The test was fun to do.  I am 59% Geek so I guess that makes me 41% Dork!  I passed the link to several of my friends who think they're "normal".  We'll see what happens.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:

Hair: W&Y # 86 (no longer available)
Braces: 2Cats and Lemon Tea How Vexing! Braceface (SL Marketplace)
Glasses: Role Optic
School Uniform: hanamachi