Friday, April 1, 2011

Today is April 1st

Dear Diary:

Well I was sitting on this ladder for over an hour because my neighbour told me that the sea was rising and coming into our homes so I watched and waited...






















....watched and waited...




















...and then it hit me!!  APRIL FOOLS' DAY!!
The history of this day is not clear.  Most people think it started in France in the 16th century when the Gregorian Calendar was introduced.  New Year's Day was moved from April to January.  Those people who still celebrated the old way were labeled fools.  A lot of jokes were played on these citizens.

Joke playing has gone on for many years right up to the present time.  One of the funniest was done by the BBC, telling how a species of flying penguins had just been discovered.

It seems hard to believe that thousands of people who watched the news actually believed this but then again, it did look believable.

I guess today the joke's on me!


Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Innocent
Hair: Bryce Puck

Top: BaLaC Check flare tunic block (white and black)
Pants: Shampoo check Skene pants (black)
Shoes: GF Ribbon slingback shoes

Earrings: Glow Studio No round earrings
Necklace 1: GB Black and bead necklace
Necklace 2: Mezzo square long necklace (black)

Prop: Baffle! Ladder