Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Practical Joke Meme

Dear Diary:

When I read Berry's meme, I had to really think about the topic.  I don't think I'm a very good joke player.  I don't think I've played a joke on any of my friends in SL...maybe I don't have a very good sense of humour...or maybe I'm afraid it will come back to me.  I had to search the old grey matter to try and remember any practical jokes I've been the recipient of.  Finally one came to mind from years ago.

I had been only a few weeks in this world when I went out dancing to Blackhearts'.  I wasn't even sure how to dance.  Everyone in the crowd seemed very friendly and helpful.  One person had one of those "kick me" signs that attach to you and follow you around and of course I was the target.  I wish I had taken a picture but at that point I was just trying to dance. [*note to self* - You didn't know how to take a pic at that point] so I recreated the event the other day:


All I can remember is the embarrassment.  I flew out the place pretty quickly.  I didn't think it was funny at the time and now I just think it's a bit lame.

In my first world, I did play one joke that I thought was funny.  A friend of mine turned forty and I asked a senior's home if they could send her a blank form for admittance.  They did and included a pamphlet outlining how the home's facilities could help her cope in her life due to her advanced age.  I thought it was hilarious...hmmmm...just thought maybe she didn't agree that it was quite that amusing and had the same embarrassing feelings I did.  Just saying.

Good Night for now.

Location: Blackhearts' Cafe