Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Dream of Coastal Nights

Dear Diary:

For some reason, the thought of "Coastal Nights" made me think of Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, who starred together in "Casablanca" made in 1942.  It was my great aunt's favourite film and I watched it with her whenever it came on television. The movie was so romantic [at least to a young girl], that I wanted to act on the memory of that movie.  Consequently, I went for a retro look for the colour challenge this week.


The film took place on the coast of Morocco in the city of Casablanca, which now has a population of over 3 million people.  The city has a Mediterranean climate, warm and sunny during the day, with the coast being cooled by currents off the Atlantic Ocean.  As I look out the window at the piles of snow that I got on Friday, I AM dreaming of coastal nights!

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Lipstick: SEVEN Glossy Lipstick (peachy brown)
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Eye makeup: Mozz Cosmetics winged eye with lashes (silver blue)
Hair: Calico Ingmann Creations Marcie

Dress: ILAYA Magda retro dress (peach)
Shoes: GF Mesh Wedge pumps Adele (royal blue)
Hat: LaGyo Bow hat jojoba (tinted)
Gloves: .SHI Leather gloves (navy) (gift)
Purse: Hysterical Glam Norma clutch (navy) (SL Marketplace)

Poses: D Luxx Poses