Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thinking about my Mom

Dear Diary:

I come from a long line of strong women and as Mother's Day approaches, I always think of the women in my family who were before their time.



What have they given me?  My Great Grandmother, born in the late 1890's, gave me a sense of adventure.  She travelled alone to Europe as a young woman before it was appropriate.  My Grandmother, born in 1907, gave me the sense of choice.  She was a vegan when she was just 13 and way before it was the "in" thing to do.  My Mother, born in the '40's, gave me the push for independence.  She kept her maiden name when she got married even though her employer threatened to fire her.

Now here I am.  I'm very secure in who I am.  I choose to do what I believe is right for me.  I'm rarely influenced by others, even though I can be wrong in my decisions.  And when I am wrong, I accept responsibilities for my choices.  So what have I done to make my mark?  Maybe that's yet to come but I do know I'm very secure in who I am.  I'm what I am because of these strong women who will be remembered by me on May 8th. These women are no longer with me and many times I wish that I could ask their opinion or their thoughts or give me their guidance but somewhere in me lies the explorer, the trail blazer, the woman always straining against the norm.  Thanks to the Great Grandmother, the Grandmother and the Mother that I loved so much.

To all the Mothers who cook daily, clean forever, drive limitlessly and love unconditionally, have a well deserved day.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Hollywood lashes Greta Garbo
Hair: Laqroki Thrill
Hair accessory: Lelka's ribbon headband (black silk)(SL Marketplace)

Sweater: DeLa sweater Emilia (black)
Skirt: DeLa skirt Liza (black)
Stockings: Insolence Lingerie Carmen Pantyhose (black)
Shoes: Maitreya slinky stilettos (black leather)

Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry Princess Diamond

Furniture: Morantique Garbo chair / natura