Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How I got my Education on a Budget

Dear Diary:

I guess I'm still on school thoughts since my last post.

One year, I asked my Dad to buy me a car.  He laughed and said, "If you need a car that badly, then start saving for one."  That got me on track.  I decided I would do a few simple things:
  • I would divide the things I needed vs the things I wanted ....ugggghhh....that was hard to do.  Tim Horton's coffee vs the grocery store variety; Ben and Jerry's ice cream vs Breyer's; and...sniff...a car vs the bus.
  • I kept a notebook of what I spent so I could be aware of where the money went.  That made me aware of what I had to cut down on.  Fortunately, a bus pass wasn't that expensive.
The car?  Ah yes.  I still couldn't afford it when I graduated but since I looked after my income so well, it wasn't long after that I could go out and buy a beautiful second fourth hand VW. 

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: ETD (Elikatira) Anya (old gift)

Hoodie: Fri henley hoodie (green)
Jeans: JANE 52 jeans (classic wash)
Scarf: GField knit muffler (stripe)
Sneakers: IHS Sneakers (sweet green)
Backpack: ModdG (Dave Rucksack - gift)

Earrings & necklace: NHA Vani (gift)

Bus sign & bench: Crackberry Waiting for the bus (Project Theomery)
Bus: Short bus tagfantasy (SL Marketplace)