Sunday, September 4, 2011

Is this the reason for Labour Day?

Dear Diary:

Tomorrow is Labour Day.  In Canada we always celebrate this day on the first Monday in September and have done so since the 1880's.  I usually get together with friends today for a BBQ, potato salad, roasted marshmallows and of course, fireworks.  If the weather is good, we'll go swimming or out in the boat.  It's a great time to have fun while the good weather lasts.

Of course we should remember the reason we have this long weekend.  It was established to recognize the contribution that ordinary working people have made to our way of life.

However, when I turned on the news this morning, what was the Labour Day discussion on a major television network?  It was how after tomorrow it's not "in fashion" to wear white.  Hmmm...guess that's why I decided to iron all my coloured stuff so I'll be ready for tomorrow.

To everyone celebrating tomorrow, enjoy your day.

Good Night for now.
I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (sun kissed)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eye lashes: LeLutka Lola lashes
Hair: Tiny Bird Sodom South Georgia (no longer available)

Tee: Canada T shirt (no longer available)
Jeans: Jane 27 distressed cuffed jeans (light wash)
Ironing board (with animation): Just my Imagination