Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Today is Shrove Tuesday

Dear Diary:

Yes, today is Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day or Fat Tuesday, whatever you call it in your part of the world.  For me it's Shrove Tuesday.

Historically, It gets its name from the ritual of shriving.  That practice, dating from around 1000 AD, was when faithful church goers confessed their sins to the priest and received forgiveness before Lent.  It also marked the beginning of the 40 day fasting period when one could not eat meat, butter, eggs or milk.  If a family had these items in the house, they must be used before Lent or be spoiled by the time fasting was up.  By adding flour to the items, pancakes were made.  I LOVE pancakes and over-indulged myself today too.

I went to my favourite Internet cafe and had a short stack.  Wow...I usually have pure Maple syrup but the fruit looked pretty good on it.
I just couldn't help it....I needed to stick my finger in the whipped cream.

I like the traditional recipe for pancakes but some people care for crepes more.  I like them both!!

I certainly ate my fill.  Hmmm...now I have to think of what I'll give up for Lent.  I think I've used broccoli once too often!

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Glow Studio Innocent lashes
Hair: House of Heart  Glamor (no longer available)

Tee: SF Design Button it (grey)
Jeans: JANE 52 jeans classic wash (baggy cuff)
Scarf: JANE loop de loop scarf (americana) (free)

Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry Princess diamond earrings

Prop:  Pancakes

Location: Passionate Reads Internet Cafe