Friday, April 11, 2014

Latinam linguam mortua non est

Dear Diary:

Right, Latin is not a dead language and I've just recently discovered that.  My Mom took Latin in high school.  It was an elective but she took it because there was some cute guy taking it.  By the time I got to high school, Latin was no longer an option but for one year, the school offered it as an "extra".  I ran to sign up for it, not because I was planning on a science career or because I was even interested.  It was for the same reason my Mom had taken it many years before. [Ego idem] I found I liked the language and it definitely helped me at university and in my career choice.  But last year I read how Latin is experiencing a resurgence in popularity.


Yes, a bit of Latin helped me with a lot of anatomy and biology but I didn't realize how it's come into our everyday life.  In the Harry Potter books, many names and spells were written in Latin.  [Filii amorem historiarum].   From the article, I discovered Twitter provides a page @latinlanguage; Ovid has a Facebook page; and last year, the season finale of Girls had a male lead planning his PhD in Latin to impress his girlfriend. [Par videturIt's nice to know that Latin will continue on, broadening the knowledge of those coming up.

[In via] my Latin is not that good.  I needed a translator to change some of my English phrases to better Latin. 

Lam enim nox

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Lashes: mock Priscilla lashes
Hands: SLink AvEnhanced hands (elegant)
Hair: Aoharu Daria

Toga: Meli Imako Ancient Princess toga (SL Marketplace)
Sandals: Aoharu Gladiator sandals (gold)

Earrings: Maxi Gossamer shell (peacock)
Bracelets: Zaara Pratha silver cuff (malachite)


Location: The Temple of Fortunus