Another thought provoking, very subjective Q&A for Berry's Monday Meme.
1. What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? I always considered myself to be part Geek and part Dork and to this day think of myself as such. As a kid, I had straight hair that my Mom had cut in a very dorky way; had "railway tracks" (braces) until I was 16; and wore truly ugly glasses (I'm cockeyed!) I was more comfortable in a science lab than at a party. [ok, I've changed!] I've never lost my desire to learn as much as I can and sometimes those courses have nothing to do with my job. I've got quirky tastes in my hobbies [am taking a class in Latin right now] but that's what keeps me interested. Fortunately I have great friends who put up with me. [They shake their heads often!]
2. What was the first computer you ever owned? Think it was a Commodore 64. I didn't own it as such, but it was for the whole family to use. It was really old and often didn't work very well. Finally my Dad bought a newer one but I only used it to play a space game.
3. When and how did you first get on the internet? Not sure exactly when it was but all my friends were talking about it so I needed to find out about it too. I think it was probably for email.
4. Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? Since I'm a Second Lifer, I guess that is part of my geekedness. I do watch Dr Who whenever I get a chance. Never got into Harry Potter.
5. Star Trek or Star Wars? I probably lean to either but deep down I'm more of a Trekkie.
6. How Geeky Are You? The test was fun to do. I am 59% Geek so I guess that makes me 41% Dork! I passed the link to several of my friends who think they're "normal". We'll see what happens.
Good Night for now.
Hair: W&Y # 86 (no longer available)
Braces: 2Cats and Lemon Tea How Vexing! Braceface (SL Marketplace)
Glasses: Role Optic
School Uniform: hanamachi