Monday, December 19, 2011

My Christmas baking

Dear Diary:

When the calendar turns to December, members of my family expect that I should become "Baker of the Year". Unfortunately I'm not that good but at Christmas there are a few traditional sweet things that just have to be baked.

My Grandmother used to make Scottish shortbread. You know, the kind you almost break your teeth on? I make that but not quite so hard. Then there are the rum balls that my Dad enjoyed. Yep, those have to be mixed and rolled [and of course tasted] for sure. Oh yeah and then there's the New York special that my cousin likes. It's so sweet it makes me shudder but it keeps him happy for the season. Last but not least, are the mincemeat tarts. Those are served after Christmas dinner, warmed up with a dollop of ice cream. Now those are yummy.
I really do wish I could whip up gourmet delights like some of my friends can but I do enjoy accomplishing the few things I can.

Now when it comes to the turkey - I'm Cordon Bleu at best!

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Lipstick: LeLutka Lola lipstick (deep red)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eye makeup: Mozz Cosmetics colourful winged eye with lashes (grey green)
Hair: LeLutka Seth
Nails: Candy Nail Basic red (02)

Sweater: 22769 Christmas bag x-mas boheme jumper
Pants: 22769 Christmas bag red woolen pants
Apron: Cover girl apron (white)

Earrings: LaRosa Advent Calendar (snowflake earrings)

Mixing spoon, bowl and spoon set: La Galleria Kitchens Dinner Party Kitchen (accessories)
House: La Galleria Prefab Homes (Shropshire Cottage

Pose: RNP (stirring)