Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Poutine Week Is Wrapping Up

Dear Diary:

Poutine Week is just coming to an end and what a gastronimical delight it was! Customers in Quebec and across Canada sampled poutine done a variety of ways - a poutine hamburger for one.



Depending on who you ask about poutine, you'll receive divergent answers on how it got started.  The name was developed around 1964, in Drummondville, Quebec. Others say it comes from other areas in the province or the name has evolved in another way.  What ever you choose to believe, the combination of these three items was a gourmet delight. 

Poutine is a delicious dish made of french fries, united with tangy cheese curds and covered in gravy.  Of course, over the years there have been many diverse ways of making it.  My first taste was in my university days but not in Quebec.  I was hooked as the first savoury bite hit my mouth.   Next I did have it from a street vendor in Quebec and it was equally as good as the first time - maybe even better since I was visiting the "birth place" of the iconic dish.  

Over the years I have tasted many different forms of poutine.  Some have melted cheese instead of curds; others have a sauce and not gravy; occasionally there is offbeat cheese such as feta; and some contain other items such as chili, called Ras-poutine.  I still favour the original.

After eating a large portion of poutine, I want to lie down and go to sleep, it's so filling.  But it's well worth it.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Hair: Truth Hair Kizzy (gift)

Dress: Ambrosia Mesh Cardigan & One piece (dots) (Cosmopolitan til Feb 14)

Piercing: A:S:S deLuxe Monroe piercing

Poutine:  Lonesome Dolls Poutine (free on SL Marketplace)

Pose: Di's Opera