Saturday, January 2, 2016

We Celebrated "First-Footing" Yesterday.

Dear Diary:

My great grandparents were born in Scotland and continued with many observances when they came to Canada.  My Grandmother maintained the concept of "first-footing".  It was thought that the first person through the door after midnight on New Year's Eve could bring great luck to the household.  But, this person had to be a tall, dark and handsome man.  So I called on Sam to bring all the luck he could to me, for 2016 and I told him, "Don't come as a blonde!"



Blonde or fair haired first footers were not very welcome.  It seems that stemmed from old times when the light haired Vikings invaded Scotland.

First footers should not come empty handed.  Small gifts are appreciated, although my Grandfather always looked for the bottle of scotch!

I remember freezing on New Year's Day in my Grandmother's front porch waiting for my Dad to park the car so he could be a first footer, then my Mom and I could enter the house and get warm.

Thanks for helping Sam, and hopefully this year will be lucky for all of us.

Good Night for now.

Sam is wearing:
Hair: Redgrave Chris
All from BlankLine:
   Shirt and jacket: Cardi (black)
   Pants: Skinny pants fitted (beige)
   Shoes: Desert boots
Pose: Image Essentials

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Skin: Izzie's Romy
Makeup: (MOCK) Pandora Gingersnaps & Champagne
Hair: kik Zinnia
Dress: Meli Imako Long Sleeve Shift dress (SL Marketplace)
Earrings: je suis raye
Shoes: KC Couture Roma wedges
Pose: Icons of Style