Friday, January 28, 2011

Tip-Top for Taupe!

Dear Diary:

Taupe is one of my favourite colours.  I certainly have enough of it in one of my closets - sweaters, pants, a jacket or two, and of course, shoes.  It's funny though, because everyone of those "taupes" are slightly different in hue.

I searched the online encylopedia for a description but it referred me to a Swiss tenor from the early 1900's.  I went to the Encyclopaedia Britannica (online) but this was the message they gave me. "Sorry, we were unable to find an exact match for taupe. Here are results using alternate spellings and phrases. You may also try rephrasing your query."  One more "educational" try - but that one had so much advertising, I couldn't even find the search bar.  So I just had to try on my own.

Taupe certainly covers a wide range of shades.  I looked for a colour palette and this is one that I got.  It does show a huge range of colour.  I wasn't sure that some of the colours should be considered in the taupe category. I had to look further.

Martha Stewart suggests taupe is a "perfect wedding  color".  In this article she calls taupe "sandy".  I think that's a good description from the picture.

I finally decided to try Wikipedia (even though I hate to rely on this website).  It did offer the largest coverage and my curiosity was satisfied.

So here is my take on taupe for the 52 Week of Color Challenge.  I love this colour...I love this dress.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: Miriel Glamor lashes (no longer available)
Hair: W&Y hair # 154
Nails: SN Shiny Red


Dress: Aoharu Drapery dress (beige)
Shoes: SLink Spike heels stilettos (taupe)


Bracelet: Mandala Takara bangle (gold & wood)
Ring: Caroline's Jewelry A Right Hand Ring (free)


Poses: Olive Juice (Look Book)