Wednesday, January 19, 2011

From the Indigo Girls: “And even I have got to laugh at me.”

Dear Diary:



When getting dressed for the picture, I thought of the "Indigo Girls".  They were popular during the early '90's and their voices blended well together. They picked the name of the band by going through the dictionary and looking for words that they thought would be a good group name.  Indigo was an excellent choice in my opinion.

Indigo also refers to a species of an herb famous for the natural blue colour you can get from leaves and branches.  During the Middle Ages, indigo was an important dye plant for achieving a blue colour.


In additon, there is a private airline, IndiGo, based in India; Chapters Indigo, a chain of book stores in Canada; and, the most interesting - the "Indigo Child", a term dubbed by a psychic who bases a person's personality by the colour of their aura.  Maybe I should have mine checked out.


I didn't realize a colour could not only be beautiful but so intellectually stimulating!  Thanks to Luna and the 52 weeks of colour challenge, I'm learning a lot about all of these colours.


Good Night for now.


I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka Lola lashes
Hair:  Tomoto T.humanoide - OKAPPA noir
Nails: PXL Creations Nailpolish blue #3


Dress and headpiece: Tomoto Night Blue
Stockings: Paper Couture Fall tights (blue dots)
Boots: GF short ribbon boots Anna (navy)


Necklace: SMS Pearly lily necklace (blue) (TDR #10)
Bracelets: Dark Mouse blue silver bangles


Poses: Zombie Fetus; MNK