Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Does the Christmas tree have to be green?

Dear Diary:

Yes, I'm a traditionalist!  I like my shortbread buttery; I adore a snowy Christmas Eve; and I want my Christmas tree to be real.  I don't want a colour co-ordinated theme either with just bows or ribbons.  On my tree, I have tons of ornaments collected from my Grandmother, my Mother and ones I've picked up from places I've been to or just because they catch my eye so they are all a big variety but they all tell a story.  But sometimes the sparkly / modern / fashionable tree draws me in.  Sometimes I just need to pay attention to it.
The white tree always fits in with any colour scheme.  It can be totally white or combined with any colour.  At night it looks cool when it's covered with white lights.  I do love this totally radical silver metal tree, too.  It twirls around, highlighting the muted ornaments and sparkling star.  Neither of these trees would ever be my choice as a Christmas tree in my home but I do like these as decorative pieces.

I decided I needed to wear silver with the trees.  The gunmetal colour of the sequins on the dress, makes it stand out.  And I love the design of it - it's very sexy without being "in-your-face".  With it, silver jewelry of course.


I love getting dressed up and if I can pose with a few of my decorations, that's all the better.  Christmas is just so much fun.


Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka Lola
Hair: DBS Winnifer
Nails: SN Shiny red nails

Dress: Zaara Acira minidress (silver)

Earrings: PC Oxidized silver hoops
Bracelet: Dark Mouse Fabulous & Funky Bangles (group gift)

Trees:
White: LP2 Interior Xmas tree (group gift)
Silver: PondLife Silver animated swirl metal Xmas tree w/ star


Pose: Idea Motus (Heather)