Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Trip Back To The Stone Age

Dear Diary:

Ancient civilizations interest me so when I noticed "The Stone Age" listed in the destination guide, I just had to fly out and see it.  



It's called the Stone Age because the inhabitants used tools that they made from stone.  The tools started out being quite simple - choppers and flakes.  The tools evolved over the millions of years that the Stone Age existed, to become precisely shaped with very sharp edges for scraping and cutting.  When I was in university, I took a workshop on making stone tools.  I had protective eye wear, heavy gloves and a mat across my legs. I don't think I could hit stone against stone without injuring some part of me.  It certainly isn't as easy as it sounds. Check out this YouTube video here on making stone tools.

I was impressed with the sim.  The creators have certainly captured what a later Stone Age person would experience.  Thatched houses, art/writing on stone, and living in a community setting are all evident.  The sim is certainly worth a visit. 

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Body: Maitreya Lara
Head: LeLutka Chloe
Dirt: Izzie's Face and Body Dirt
Hair: W&Y #22 (no longer available)
Skin Wrap: PFC Stone Age

Location: The Artist Shed