As I sat out on the patio of my house last evening, I read Strawberry Singh's Monday Meme and it got me thinking about how many of my groups had come and gone in this world. I remember it was hard limiting myself to joining only 25. It seemed at first I was joining everything without thinking about it. So I hauled out the diaries and reminisced.
1.Have you reached the 42 group limit? As soon as it was allowed, I was there!
2.Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? I used to do that and still do occasionally but I think I've become more selective.
3.What makes you want to join a group? The product has to appeal to me, no matter what it's selling.
4. A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? I don't agree with group fees but I can understand why the designer enforces them. A lot of people join just to receive the group gift and then leave the group. [I confess I did that once but felt horribly guilty after so I went back to the store and joined again.] And many creators have had their content stolen and re-sold by someone else. Perhaps a fee would deter these people. I have paid a fee to join a group but it was very small. I'll only pay if I really like the items being offered and if the fee is not "over the top".
5. Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that. Group selection is such a personal thing I would never try to influence anyone to join my groups, just because "I said so" but here are five that I belong to, that have super products and that I happen to have been attached to for awhile. The designers are talented and produce high quality items. I've tried to list groups from different areas to give an all-round view.
- Gos Boutique: Love the shoes, feet and everything that goes with them. The 10% discount for members is a great perk and the gift is always fantastic.
- Maxi Gossamer Jewelry: Always new things coming out, often in packs. Good variety of funky, chunky items with colour changing ability.
- La Galleria: Fantastic homes in different sizes and prices. Furniture is available in lots of styles. Items are often sold for discount prices. Free gift comes out every few weeks.
- Zanze: Totally awesome clothing! Styles are trendy or classic and often come with a colour HUD. Colours can be vibrant or subdued. A great variety.
- LeLutka: Wear one of their skins most of the time. Also have nice hair styles, clothing and makeup. Group gifts are not as frequent as some but I do like their products.
Good Night for now.