Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Victoria Day Celebration

Dear Diary:

This past weekend was a long one for me and, even though the weather was good (but not perfect), I really enjoyed having Monday off work.

The Monday closest to May 25th, is celebrated as Queen Victoria's birthday and the birthday of Queen Elizabeth.  Schools and provincial offices are closed, as well as most retail businesses.  However, I was very surprised to learn that this is not one of the general paid holidays in some provinces.  Employers in Nova Scotia, as well in New Brunswick, Labrador or Newfoundland, may provide this day as a paid holiday, but it's not designated.  In Quebec it is not a statutory holiday. 



As for me, I enjoyed staying in my jammies all day and just generally doing nothing. Definitely my kind of a holiday.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (sunkissed)
Lipstick: Aleida lip A (011)
Eyes: Ikon Sunrise (deep hazel)
Hair: Truth Hair Riley

Pyjamas and slippers: Butterfly Effect Designs Alice 2.0 Hearts (black)

Bed: La Galleria