There's not much I can find that's redeeming about eggplant ...."egg-cept" the colour. I do like that. But I did find an "egg-cellent" recipe thanks to Bon Appetit It is a great appetizer with pita chips or raw veggies.
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup drained canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (generous) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, then score flesh in crisscross pattern at 1-inch intervals, 1/2 inch deep. Rub cut sides with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Place eggplant on rimmed baking sheet, cut side down; bake until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly, then scoop flesh into processor (discard skins). Add garbanzo beans, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic; puree until mixture is almost smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in parsley. Season hummus to taste with salt and pepper.
And that's about enough eggplant for me.
Good Night for now.
Skin: LeLutka Mila / HUSH
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eye shadow & lashes: Mozz Cosmetics colorful winged eye (with lashes purple-gold)
Hair: W&Y #154
Nails: Je Suis..Naive Nails #001 purples
Top: Zaara Yauvani top (lilac) (RFL edition)
Skirt: The Sea Hole gathered twill skirt (with stockings) (eggplant)
Shoes: GField bow stiletto "Kate" (plum) (group gift)
Poses: doremi (<3 how now; two hand touch) (Pose Fair)