Thursday, April 7, 2011

Canada's Official Tartan

Dear Diary:

The Canadian government has designated the Maple Leaf tartan to be the national tartan and an official symbol of the nation.
The tartan was designed in 1964, the red, green and gold representing the shifting colours of autumn leaves.  The tartan has been worn by Canadians for years as an "unofficial" symbol but now with raising it to "official", it will join the flag, the coat of arms and the beaver as emblems of Canada.  I have a Scottish background and am very proud that we now have a tartan representing the contribution that our Scottish ancestors have given to our country.


I decided to visit a Canadian sim that represents my part of Canada, although I don't really live in wilderness.  Naturally I dressed in a "plaid" dress.
 I stood on the suspension bridge as it was swinging back and forth...my tummy was doing flip-flops.
It was great to make it across safely!

I'm so proud that Canada has made the Maple Leaf tartan part of the official emblems.  I guess I'd better dig out my great grandfather's bag pipes.


Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Lola (light with bubblegum lipstick)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka Seductress volume lashes
Hair: Laqroki Fox
Nails: PXL Creations manicure Pink #8

Dress: Mimikri Sina tartan
Shoes: Adam & Eve Classique (toy pink)

Earrings: Caroline's Jewelry drop earrings (honeysuckle) (Lazy Sunday)
Ring: Caroline's Jewelry right hand ring

Poses: Exposeur (movement)

Location: Maple Glades Estate - Romantic Canadian Wilderness