Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time to go on vacation

Dear Diary:

The other day I saw a trivia question that read, "Where did the bikini get its name?"  "Oh I know that one", I thought.  I was sure it was Brigitte Bardot.  I remember my Grandmother talking about her wearing a very skimpy bathing suit - the bikini.  But I was wrong.  It was designed long before Bardot wore one.

The bikini creator, Louis Reard, officially introduced the swimsuit in 1946.  He named it after Bikini Island, a place in the South Pacific where the US conducted atomic bomb testing.  He thought the bathing suit would cause a similar "explosive" reaction...and it did!  Check out this article in Time.com and see the Top 10 Bikinis in Pop Culture

I'm going on vacation for a week so decided I would put on my bikini, find a great island and work on my tan.  On this island, you can even rent a surf board and ride the waves.
Enjoy this summer weather we are finally getting.  See you next week.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Friday (sun tan)(Rocking Friday)
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Hair: Truth Hair Julia

Bikini: Shiki bikini (coconut)
Sunglasses: Redgrave (old gift)

Pose: LAP

Location: Surf System Beach