Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sometimes I like to sit and think

Dear Diary:

I was just thinking about something my Grandmother used to tell me.  She would say, "Dear, whenever you wear a black dress, always put on your best pearls with it.  Pearls always look good with a black dress.  That way you will always look elegant!"  I listened to her talk but didn't really pay attention since I wasn't at the age where pearls appealed to me.  But lately I've realized she was right.
This little black dress is really cute.  I love the chiffon overlay and the detail put into the neckline. The skirt is short but having the chiffon swish around it lends itself to be quite " cocktailish".  I did add simple pearl earrings and necklace and it did look elegant...and classy...and sexy.  I always like bracelets so I had to put a pearl one on too.  I tried it...and I like it.  I guess Grandma knew what she was talking about.
Sometimes it's nice to look like a lady.  I like to think I can be one when I want to or when it's necessary.  My Grandmother's words ring in my ears.  I'm beginning to think her advice was always right.

Good Night for now.

I'm wearing:
Skin: LeLutka Friday skin (sunkissed) 50L Friday
Eyes: Miriel Hazel (no longer available)
Eyelashes: LeLutka Lola lashes
Hair: Cake Hair Dakota
Nails: Nut French manicure (basic) (no longer available)

Dress: Modern Gypsy Urban Chic #4
Shoes: Maitreya Slinky Stilettos (black)


Earrings & necklace: Dark Mouse Simple Pearls (white)
Bracelet: *Icing* Princess Pearl


Chair: Morantique / Garbo Model Chair (Natura)